Saturday, July 25, 2009

Joaquim has arrived!


Joaquim Matai arrived on Thursday, July 23 at 7:25 pm. He was 6lbs 4oz and 18 inches long. This was the EASIEST childbirth EVER. I went at 5 cm dilated and no contractions at the recommendation of my doctor. After several hours of waiting, I finally got an epideral, they broke my bag and I immediately went up to 7.5 cm, but still no contractions. They started the ptosin drip and then it was on! Within 30 minutes Joaquim was ready to enter the world. He made his way down the birth canal practically on his own and I had the urge to push. Of course I had to wait for them to set everything up....the doctor wasn't even ready (there were 3 others in labor at the same time). When everyone was finally in place, I gave 2 big pushes and out came Joaquim. What a pleasant delivery...thank you Jesus!


Not quite sure how Darius is adjusting to Joaquim yet.