Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's a boy..


I delivered Darius Ivan Davis on Thursday, August 9, 2007 at 1:25 p.m. He was 6lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long. It was a natural birth....yes can you believe it. I managed to deliver without ANY drugs. I know other women have done it before me, but I never imagined going through this experience without drugs. I just really had no choice.
When I got the hospital I was already 9 cm dilated. Yeah I was in labor all night and morning. I even was running errands Thursday morning. By 11:30 I knew it was time to go, the contractions were getting stronger and more intense. I could barely walk. By 12:30 we finally made it to the hospital and of course my first question was "..can I get an epideral?" When they hesitated, I knew I was gonna have to deliver this baby all natural. This TERRIFIED me and I broke down in tears wondering how I was going to do this. After Ivan calming me, and calming myself with prayer and self talk. I pushed Darius out in about 15 minutes.
What a blessing! Thank you Jesus for this gift.